Monday, May 9, 2011

Music is International

February 24, 2011
Chantepie, France
I discovered something beautiful today at the French Gospel Chorale workshop which I was privileged to attend with my director and a few new French friends:
Though the instructions and techniques were half understood and the language barrier was strong, 
MUSIC IS INTERNATIONAL. 
Once she sang, the notes and the rhythm explained themselves to me. Perhaps I am actually tri-lingual or perhaps I unlocked the secret to world peace.
All I know is that I love music.
Also, in talking to Fiza about men and relationships as usual, I came across a new idea that I want to explore later. Everyone has baggage, but it depends on how we carry it, if we left it somewhere, if we're searching for baggage that we left behind, etc.I suppose that's just me being philosophical again.

No comments:

Post a Comment