Thursday, April 7, 2011

Journal Entries: Speedbumps


Wednesday, February 2nd, 2011
Chantepie, France
Things are rough here these last two weeks; I have been ill for 11 days now, I was diagnosed yesterday with Bronchitis and my phone was stolen on Saturday. So, I'm on 5 medications and yet I still have to make the 1 hour trek to classes. But on the upside, I get a better phone, I'll be better soon (I hope) and I got to see how the French healthcare system and insurance really works.
Chantepie, Franc

e: My trek home after sunset
 
I have to walk about a third of the way to school, sick in the rain, (but not sick of the rain at all) and then take two buses and the metro line the entire way. They put me really far from school; I'm actually in another city! However, I get good exercise here in France. I always opt to take the stairs to the metro and the school, so that's several flights of stairs every day. Then there's all the walking to the stops, so I've already lost weight! Also, they eat fresh and simply here and the people are great. I'm always learning something new! Today I had lunch with my Russian friend, Ekaterina, and we had some fascinating conversations about political structure and then we compared writing/authors to economics! It was awesome. Everyone here is as nerdy as I am and is passionate about learning (and dancing/partying, so I figure that's a fun combination).

No comments:

Post a Comment