Thursday, March 31, 2011

Letters to Home


Thursday, December 30th, 2010
6 pm, Somewhere Over Canada
My dearest Christian,
Voila! Je suis en route à Paris. (I am on my way to Paris.) This will be an interesting and amazing journey over the next few months and I am excited to begin it. I will really miss you and everyone back home! I hope that your new adventures in America will keep you guessing, challenged and constantly on your toes. Life happens unexpectedly and that’s the joy of it!
So far, the journey has been very long. There are people from all over the world sitting around me and speaking their languages. They are being served different meals according to their lifestyles, like kosher, vegetarian etc. Even the simplest thing as food fascinates me! I am sitting with two lovely Muslim women who are chattering on in what I learned was the language of Bulgaria, though I understood not a word. I love it though! These people are so wonderful and so interesting.
On my first flight, from Denver to Dallas, I sat with two women and we completely hit it off right away. We talker for the entire flight! Cathy, my new 50 year old friend, is a single mom from Tennessee. She also had a bit of a layover in Dallas so we went out to lunch together and talked about everything. It was fabulous. I hope that I can make friends that fast in France!
Always and Forever,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment