Thursday, March 31, 2011

Letters to Home, Part 2


Friday, December 31st, 2010
9 am, France
Christian,
Wow, this was a long flight! We’re now descending into Paris and my heart is jumping. (I’m not sure if it’s the joy or the terror, but it’s leaping regardless.) I think of you and your fever every time someone asks for the Celsius conversion of the temperature.
You: “What does that mean?”
Me: “I don’t know, maybe like 45 C?”
You: “Oh, dear God, I’m dying.”

My breakfast this morning woke me from a dreaming slumber with the smell of warm croissants. Bienvenue à Paris! That definitely helped my mind become accustomed to the idea that I was far from home but in my new, second home. I hope to eat a lot of croissants on this trip!
We ended up watching “Dinner for Schmucks” last night and it was hysterical; although, I may have been the only one cracking up. It’s really hard to say, really, because I was wearing headphones. That would not be the first time that that had happened, though! You know how I can be.
I was just thinking about things that I want to do outside of school this semester and I made a little list:
·         Eat a crepe
·         Find a favorite café in Rennes
·         See Italy
·         Visit the south of France (again)
·         Swim in the Mediterranean (again)
·         Get lost in a library
·         Take the metro to a place of which I’ve never heard
·         Paint in a castle
·         Watch a sunset over the Atlantic
·         Try an unknown and unidentifiable food
I can't wait to get started!
Always, Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment