Saturday, September 10, 2011

Figure it Out

You know how they say that time will heal all wounds? Well, I would like an extra dose of that medicine, please. I am slowly figuring out that I am going to be okay. I have been reassured by my friends and family that life on my own is what I've been doing before him and can do after him. I am strong, and sometimes it is all too easy to forget that. It hurts, but God granted me a huge bandaid, (I like to think that it has Batman on it) in the form of loved ones surrounding me.
I shall never regret loving, nor should I, but now I am free to love even more so. I have learned so much from this situation and I understand more now how to gently pull my heart back into my own hands. I am in control of my own feelings, thoughts and actions. Therefore, I shall carefully, gradually and continuously reallocate those towards the neglected channels in the forms of my homework, friends and job here at my University.
Life goes on. We're the better for it. Never regret; always forgive.
Life, love and the pursuit of happiness? I don't know; but I'm figuring it out.

1 comment:

  1. Posted in my office, on that shrine as Brady calls it, is this quote from a book I read that brought me such comfort in 2008: "Never, never regret investing yourself in a relationship. You are a wiser, deeper, more loving person because of it." I love you, my star. I love how you love completely and totally, with no reservations. There is no shame or regret in that. - Momma

    ReplyDelete